Pages

8/23/09

Amazing Grace and Things Sufficent

I think it's a "God-oince" that the churches we have been attending as of late sing Hymns for worship. Our church in Florida had just gone back to singing Hymns right before we started attending and the new church here in Ole' Miss only sings Hymns too. We used to think that Hymns are old fashioned and maybe a little plain and boring. We thought there had to be a band and "music that moved you" for the worship to be effective. We probably wouldn't even have attend a church if they only sang Hymns for worship just a short while ago. That was before... Now Hymns are sufficient. We are even enjoying learning them at home. Weird? Maybe!

When I look back a few years or in some cases even just a few months ago, I often think "what a fool I was." And a few years from now I hope will look back and think "what a fool I was a few years ago" because I want to be ever learning, ever growing, ever changing. If I am not moving forward, I might as well be moving backward.

I am so glad for the Grace of God. I am not perfect, yet He loves me anyway. I do not have it all together. Sometimes I might look like it, and I might even occasionally think I do, but it's a lie. I come to the throne with dirty hands and He washes me. His Grace is sufficent for me. Let it be for you too.


...Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of my shameful failure and loss,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into the glorious gain of Thy cross,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of earth’s sorrows, into Thy balm,
Out of life’s storms and into Thy calm,
Out of distress to jubilant psalm,
Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of unrest and arrogant pride,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into Thy blessed will to abide,
Jesus, I come to Thee...
from "Jesus, I Come" by William Sleeper

1 comment:

We LOVE comments! We ask that you please remember due to the nature of Mr. Pilot's business, we do NOT use names for our safety. Your comment will only be published if you use only our nicknames. Thanks for understanding.