Pages

11/9/09

Pizza, at our house!

Since we don't have a stove or an oven Pops knows about the only thing pots are good for at our house


and cooking anything that has more than a couple of ingredients is a bit of a challenge with almost no counter space...

but I decided to venture out and tried my hand (and my skillet) at pizza


I have never even made pizza by myself at home with an oven, counter space, running hot water, and all the other nice things homes have. It is far too messy for the kitchen for my taste, and I never make anything that requires a recipe. Well, almost never anyway.

Besides, I don't perticularly care for pizza, I never have.

It was delicious.

I liked it better than oven baked pizza, I think.

One of the problems with not using recipes is that I never make the same thing twice. This is only a problem of course, when what I make is actually good. :)

I will try to give you the gist of what I did just in case you'd like to give it a shot. (This is actually me secretly writing down a recipe so I can make this again)

First I sautéed red onion, then added in mushrooms, then roma tomatoes, then spinach just until the spinach was lightly wilted. I set that aside. (I only have one pan!)

I made a regular pizza crust and flattened it out into the electric skillet set on 275. I poked a few holes with a fork to stop the bubbles. I covered it and let that sit until the bottom of the crust was brown.

Then I put on sauce, pepperoni, olives, and the onion/mushroom/tomato/spinach mixture and topped with mozzarella cheese. I put the lid back on and let it all get hot and the cheese melted.

Just a note- On the second pizza I flipped the crust over before I put the stuff on it just to see what would happen, but I don't recommend doing that, it turned to mush for some reason.

Yum! - Mr. Pilot said it might be the best pizza he ever had, and he loves pizza.

I only made 2 pizzas but could have made 3 with no left overs for my family.

I will be making this again. I will also try it with an Alfredo sauce and artichokes. And a Greek style pizza. And a Taco pizza. And I will do a Buffalo chicken with blue cheese. Oh, the possibilities!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! That looks like my fried pizza. We have a fried pizza recipe I made up but the crust is more like a tortilla. Very good.
    I'll have to try your recipe - it looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! We ask that you please remember due to the nature of Mr. Pilot's business, we do NOT use names for our safety. Your comment will only be published if you use only our nicknames. Thanks for understanding.