Pages

4/26/10

We Survived...

One of the situations that had crossed my mind as a dreaded thought about living in the travel trailer was the idea of us getting the stomach flu.  Having only one toilet with 7 people is bad enough, but when people are puking (or doing something else that comes with a stomach virus) I just couldn't imagine.

Besides, there are Murphy's Laws of "The Stomach Bug."

Murphy's Law 1~ if one kid gets sick, they all get sick.  And my kids love to share.
Murphy's Law 2 ~ kids will puke in the most inconvenient places (i.e. their car seat when two hours away from home, mom's freshly washed bed spread, in the toy box with the toys still in it, at the dinner table with dinner on it...) 

I really dreaded the thought of it, but I thought we were in the clear since winter is over.  Not so.

It all started late Sunday night after arriving home from a weekend visit with our BFTKC friends in Florida.

It finally stopped yesterday.

I will spare you all most of the details.

Tuesday night I slept less than one hour.  Only by God's grace was I still kind to the children still puking at 5am when daddy left for work.  Several extra loads of laundry isn't really fun to pay for, nor is it fun to carry up to the bath house.  Luckily we had plenty of buckets to go around so there was no fighting over the lone toilet.  I even got pretty good at predicting when the 18 month old was going to blow and I got really good at catching it.  Except when it was in the car seat, two hours from home.  And my freshly washed bed spread was freshly washed 3 times this week.  And all of the toys in the toy bucket were disinfected, a task I had been meaning to do for months.  And I managed to catch the episode at the dinner table before it ruined all of our dinner, without a moment to spare.

Somehow only Guys managed to remain tummy bug free, even dad and I got to enjoy some bug fun.  Guys was such a blessing, she made pancakes from scratch a few times during the week to help out.  She also drank some apple cider vinegar and washed her hands.  A lot.

Now that it is over, I don't have to dread it anymore.
I wouldn't sign up for it, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined.  But I am glad it's over.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Stomach viruses are the worst!!! I'm glad you got through it!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! We ask that you please remember due to the nature of Mr. Pilot's business, we do NOT use names for our safety. Your comment will only be published if you use only our nicknames. Thanks for understanding.